venison recipes cube steak-food lovers
super-lean and low in fat, so it’s the perfect choice for a healthy diet. Cooked quickly with crisp vegetables, it’s ideal in a stir-fry
Calories: 219; Suars 18g; protein 23g; carbohydate 20g; fat 5g; saturates1g
- 1 bunch scallions
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1¹⁄³cups snow peas
- 10 baby corn cobs
- 12 0z/35o g lean venison steak
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1-inch/2.5-cm piece fresh ginger root,
- chopped finely
- 3 tbsp light soy sauce, plus extra for serving
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp dry sherry
- 2 tsp honey
- 8oz/225 g canned pineapple pieces in natural juice,drained
- ½cup bean sprouts
- Freshly cooked rice,to serve
1. Cut the scallions into 1-inch/2.5-cm pieces. Halve and seed the red bell pepper and cut it into 1-1inch/2.5-cm pieces. Trim the snow peas and baby corn cobs. Set aside.
2. Trim the meat and cut t into thin strips. Heat the oil in a large skillet or wok until hot and stir-fry the meat, garlic, and ginger root for 5 minutes.
3. Add the scallions, red bell pepper, snow peas, and baby corn cobs, then stir in the soy sauce, vinegar, sherry, and honey. Stir-fry for another 5 minutes.
4.Carefully stir i in the pineapple pieces and bean sprouts and cook for another 1-2 minutes to heat through. Serve with freshly cooked rice and extra soy sauce for dipping.
venison recipes cube steak
For a nutritious meal-in-one, cook 8 oz/225 g egg noodles in boiling water for 3-4 minutes. Drain and add to the pan at Step 4, with the pineapple and bean sprouts an extra 2 tablespoons soy sauce.
1,211 total views, 1 views today