If you can veg punjabi recipes obtain fresh turmeric, it makes such a difference to the colour and appearance of Acar Campur. You can use almost an vegetable, bearing in mind that you need a balance of textures, flavours and colours.
- Makes 2-3x 300g/11oz jars
- 1fresh red chilli, seeded and sliced
- 1 onion, quartered
- 2 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 1cm/1/2in cube terasi
- 4 macadamia nuts or 8 almonds
- 2.5cm/1in fresh turmeric, peeled and
- sliced, or 5ml/1 tsp ground turmeric
- 50m/2fl oz/1/4 cup sunflower oil
- 475ml/16fl oz/2 cups white vinegar
- 250ml/8fl oz/1 cup water
- 25-50g/1-2oz granulated sugar
- 3 carrots
- 225g/8oz green beans
- 1 small cauliflower
- 1 cucunmber
- 225g/Soz white cabbage
- 115g/4oz dry-roasted peanuts,
- Roughly crushed
veg punjabi recipes
1.Place the chili, onion. garlic. terasi, nuts and turmeric in a food processor and blend to a paste, or pound in a mortar with a pestle.
2.Heat the oil and stir-fry the paste to release the aroma. Add the Vinegar, water, sugar and salt. Bring to the boil. Simmer for 10 minutes.
3.Cut the carrots into flower shapes. Cut the green beans into short, neat lengths. Separate the cauliflower into neat, bite-size florets. Peel and seed the cucumber and cut the flesh in neat, bite-size pieces. Cut the cabbage in neat, bite-size pieces.
4.Blanch each vegetable separately, in a large pan of boiling water, for 1 minute. Transfer to a colander and rinse with cold water, to halt the cooking. Drain well.
3,960 total views, 154 views today