This is a very quick and easy Thai style corn soup if you are using frozen prawns, than them before adding them to the soup.
preparation time 3 minutes
cooking time 5 minutes
- 2.5ml/½ tsp sesame or sunflower oil
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 600ml/1 pint/2½ cups chicken stock
- 425g/15oz can creamed corn
- 225g/8oz/1½ cups cooked. peeled prawns
- 5ml/1tsp green chilli paste or chilli sauce (optional)
- salt and ground black pepper fresh coriander leaves, to garnish
1. Heat the oil in a large heavy-based saucepan and sauté the spring onions and garlic over a medium heat, until softened.
2. stir in the chicken stock, creamed corn, prawns and chilli paste or sauce if using.
3. bring the soup to the boil, stirring occasionally.season with salt and ground black pepper to taste, then serve at once, sprinkling with fresh coriander leaves to garnish.
if creamed corn is not available, use ordinarily canned sweetcorn, pureed in a food processor for a few seconds, until the mixture is creamy yet retains some texture.
To make Thai-style crab and corn soup, use canned or freshly cooked crab in place of all or some of the cooked, peeled prawns.
358 total views, 1 views today