spicy mexican rice recipe
- 350g/12oz/1¾cups long grain white rice
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 450g/11b tomatoes, peeled, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 60ml/4 tbsp corn or peanut oil
- 900ml/1½pints/3¾.cups t chicken stock
- 4-6 small red chillies
- 175g/6oz/1 cup cooked green peas
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- fresh coriander sprigs, to garnish
authentic mexican rice recipe
1.Soak the rice in a bowl of hot water for 15 minutes. Drain, rinse well under cold running water, drain again and set aside.
2. Combine the onion, garlic and tomatoes in a food processor and process to a puree.
3.Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Add the drained rice and saute until it is golden brown. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the rice to a saucepan.
4.Reheat the oil remaining in the pan and cook the tomato puree for 2-3 minutes. Tip it into the saucepan and pour in the stock. Season to taste. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat to the lowest possible setting, cover the pan and cook for 15-20 minutes until almost all the liquid has been absorbed. Slice the red chilies from tip to stem end into four or five sections. Place in a bowl of iced water until they curl back to form flowers, then drain.
5.Stir the peas into the rice mixture and cook, without a lid, until all the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is tender. Stir the mixture from time to time.
6.Transfer the rice to a serving dish and garnish with the drained chili flowers and sprigs of coriander. Warn the diners that these elaborate chili “lowers” are hot and should be approached with caution.
Please include attribution to https://foodlovers.com.pk/ with this graphic.
Use below code to embed this info-graphic
Read more :basmati rice with chicken
5,174 total views, 197 views today