This Crispy chicken is superb hot or Cold. Served with a salad or vegetables, it makes a delicious lunch and is ideal for picnics or snacks too.
- chicken drumsticks 4
- Chicken thighs 4
- curry powder 2 Tsp
- Garlic granules 1/2 Tsp
- Ground black pepper 1/2 tsp
- paprika 1/2tsp
- about 300ml/1/2pint/11/2Cups milk oil, for deep frying
- plain flour 4 tbsp
- salad leaves, to serve
Spicy Fried Chicken
spicy fried chicken wings recipe
1. place the chicken pieces in a large bowl and sprinkle with the curry powder, garlic granules, black pepper, paprika and salt. Rub the spices well into the chicken, then cover and leave to marinate in a cool place for at least 2 hours, or overnight in the fridge.
2. preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4. pour enough milk into the Bowl to cover the chicken and leave to stand for a further 15 minutes.
3. Heat the oil in a large saucepan or deep-fat fryer and tip the flour on to a plate.shake off excess milk, dip each piece of chicken in flour and fry two or three pieces at a time until golden, but not cooked. continue until all the chicken pieces are fried.
4. Remove with a slotted spoon place the chicken pieces on a baking tray, and bake for about 30 minutes, serve hot or cold with salad.
614 total views, 1 views today