serve There spicy fish rosti cakes crisp and hot for lunch with a green salad.
preparation time 4 minutes
cooking time 20 minutes
- 12 ounces large, firm waxy potatoes
- 12 ounces salmon or cod fillet, skinned, stray bones removed
- 3-4 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger root
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons sunflower oil salt and cayenne pepper lemon wedges, to serve
1. cook the potatoes with their skins on in pan of boiling salted water for 10 minutes. drain and let cool for a few minutes.
2. meanwhile, finely chop the salmon or cod fillet and place in a bowl .stir in the scallions, ginger, cilantro and lemon juice, season with salt and cayenne.
3. when the potatoes are cool enough to handle, peel off the skins and grate the potatoes coarsely gently stir the grated potato into the fish mixture.
4. form the fish and potato mixture into 12 cakes.
5. heat the oil in a large frying pan, and, when hot, saute the fish cakes a few at a time for 3 minutes on each side, until golden brown and crisp.drain on paper towels. serve hot with lemon wedges for squeezing over. garnish with springs of cilantro, if you like.
528 total views, 1 views today