A Thai -influenced dish of Rice, cooked in coconut milk, with spicy broiled Spicy angler fish Rice and fresh peas.
- 1 hot red chile, seeded and chopped
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 pinches of saffron
- 3 tbsp coarsely chopped mint leaves
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 12oz/350 g angler fish fillet, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 onion , chopped finely
- 1 cup long -grain rice
- 14oz /400 g canned chopped tomatoes
- ¾ cup coconut milk
- 1 cup peas
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro, to garnish
1. In a food processor or blender, blend the fresh and dried Chile, garlic, saffron, mint, olive oil, and lemon juice until finely chopped but not smooth.
2. put the anglerfish into a nonmetallic dish and pour over the spice paste, mixing together well.set aside for 20 minutes to marinate.
3. Heat a large pan until it is very hot. using a draining spoon, lift the angler fish from the marinade and add, in batches, to the hot pan .cook for 3-4minutes until browned and firm. Remove with a draining spoon and set aside while you cook the rice.
4. Add the onion and remaining marinade to the same pan and cook for 5 minutes until softened and lightly browned add the rice and stir until well coated add the tomatoes and coconut milk . bring to a boil, cover, and simmer very gently for 15 minutes.stir in the peas, season, and arrange the fish over the top.cover with foil and continue to cook over very low heat for 5 minutes. serve garnished with the chopped cilantro.
515 total views, 3 views today