- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 2 large onions. chopped finely
- 2 tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 2slices white bread, crusts removed
- 4 almonds, toasted
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped coarsely
- 12 oz/350 g cooked lobster
- 7 oz/200 g cleaned squid
- 7oz/200g angler fish fillet
- 7oz/200 g cod fillet, skinned
- 1tbsp all-purpose flour
- 6large raw shrimp
- 6 crayfish
- 18 live mussels, scrubbed, beards removed
- 8 large live clams, scrubbed
- 1tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- ½cup brandy
- salt and pepper
1.Heat 3 tablespoons of the oil and cook the onions gently for 1o-15 minutes until lightly golden. add the tomatoes and cook until they have softened.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon of the remaining oil and cook the slices of bread until crisp. Break into pieces and put into a mortar with the almonds and 2 garlic cloves. Pound to a fine paste. Alternatively, a process in a food processor.
3. Split the lobster lengthwise. Remove and discard the intestinal vein, the stomach sac, and the spongy gills. Crack the claws and remove the meat. Take out the flesh from the tail and chop into large chunks. Slice the squid into rings.
4.season the angler fish, Cod and lobster and dust with flour. heat a little of the remaining oil and separately brown the angler fish, cod, lobster, squid, shrimp, and crayfish. Arrange them in a flameproof casserole as they brown.
5. Add the mussels and clams and the remaining garlic and parsley. Set the pan over low heat. Pour over the brandy and ignite. When the flames have died down, add the tomato mixture and just enough water to cover. Bring to a boil and simmer for 3-4 minutes until the mussels and clams have opened. Stir in the bread mixture and season. Simmer for another 5 minutes and serve.
446 total views, 1 views today