- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 2½ cups passata or tomato sauce
- 1tbsp tomato paste
- 1tbsp dried oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 1tbsp sugar
- 2 cup cooked, peeled shrimp ( rinsed well if canned )
- 1½ cups cooked clam or cockle meat (rinsed well if canned )
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp butter
- salt and ground black pepper
- 4 whole cooked shrimp, to garnish
1. Heat the oil in a pan and add the onion and garlic saute over moderate heat for 5 minutes until the onion has softened.
2. Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti in a large pan of boiling salted water for 10-12 minutes. stir the passata, tomato paste, oregano, bay leaf, and sugar into the onion mixture and season well bring to a boil then lower the heat and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
3. add the shellfish, lemon juice and half the parsley. stir, cover and cook for 6-7minutes.
4. drain the spaghetti when it is just tender and add the butter to the pan return the drained spaghetti to the pan and toss with the butter until well coated season well.
5. divide the among four warmed plates and top with the sprinkle with the remaining chopped parsley, garnish with the whole shrimp and serve immediately.
419 total views, 1 views today