Roasting the spices for this dish gives it a nice dark color and a richer flavor serve with chapatis and white lentils for a substantial meal.1lb/450 glean beef slices cut into 1-inch/2.5-cm slices
- Natural yogurt 5 Tbsp
- Fresh ginger root 1 tsp finely chopped
- crushed garlic 1 Tsp
- chili powder 1 Tsp
- pinch of ground turmeric
- garam Masala 2 Tsp
- salt 1 Tsp
- cardamoms 2
- black cumin seeds 1 tsp
- cups ground almonds 2/3 cups
- dry unsweetened coconut 1 tbsp
- poppy seeds 1 tbsp
- sesame seeds 1 tbsp
- vegetable oil 1/¼ cups
- 2 medium onions,chopped finely
- 11/4 cups water
- 2 fresh red chilies, sliced thinly few fresh cilantro leaves,chopped
1. place the beef in a large bowl. combine with the yogurt, gingerroot, garlic chili powder, turmeric,garam Masala, salt, cardamom, and black cumin seeds and set aside until required.
2. dry-fry the ground almonds,desiccated coconut,poppy seeds, and seasame seeds in a heavy skillet until golden, shaking the pan occasionally.
3. transfer the spice mixture to a food processor and process until finely ground (add 1 tablespoon water to blend, if necessary)add the ground spice mixture to the meat mixture and combine.
4. heat a little oil in a large pan and cook the onions until golden brown remove the onions from the pan.stir-fry the meat in the remaining oil for about 5 minutes. then return the onions to the pan, and stir-fry for a further 5-7 minutes. Add the water, cover, and simmer over low heat, stirring occasionally. for 25-30 minutes. add the chiles and serve hot.
274 total views, 1 views today