This is an attractive dish to serve as an accompaniment, especially at parties, a and will also freeze well.
SERVES 4- 6
- 8 oz/225 g frozen shrimp
- 12 0z/350 g canned spinach purée or frozen spinach, thawed and chopped
- 2 tomatoes
- ²⁄³ cup oil
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- ½tsp onion seeds
- 1 tsp fresh gingerroot, chopped finely
- 1tsp fresh garlic, crushed
- 1tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
1. Place the shrimp in a bowl of cold water and set aside to defrost thoroughly.
2. Drain the can of spinach purée, if using.
3. Using a sharp knife, cut the tomatoes into slices.
4. Heat the oil in a large skillet Add the mustard and onion seeds to the pan.
5. Reduce the heat and add the tomatoes, spinach, gingerroot, garlic, chili powder, and salt to the pan and stir-fry for about 5-7 minutes.
6. Drain the shrimp thoroughly.
7. Add the shrimp to the spinach mixture in the pan. Gently stir the shrimp and spinach mixture until well combined, cover, and let simmer over low heat for about 7-10 minutes.
8. Transfer the shrimp the spinach to a serving dish and serve hot.
if using frozen spinach, it should be thawed and squeezed dry before using you could use fresh spinach, if you prefer.
385 total views, 1 views today