An unusual and striking dish with fresh shrimp and asparagus risotto, which is very simple to prepare and ideal for impromptu supper parties.
- 5 cups vegetable bouillon
- 12 0z/350 g asparagus, cut into
- 2-inch/5-cm lengths
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1onion, chopped finely
- 1 garlic clove, chopped finely
- 1½cups arborio rice
- 1 lb/450g raw jumbo shrimp, peeled
- and deveined
- 2 tbsp olive paste or tapenade
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- salt and pepper
- Parmesan cheese shavings, to garnish
1. Bring the vegetable bouillon to a boil in a large pan. Add the asparagus and cook for 3 minutes until just tender. Strain, reserving the bouillon, and refresh the asparagus under cold running water. Drain and set aside.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet, add the onion, and cook gently for 5 minutes until softened. Add the garlic and cook for another 3o second. Add the rice and stir for 1-2 minutes until coated with oil and slightly translucent.
3. Keep the vegetable bouillon over low heat. Increase the heat under the rice to medium and begin adding the bouillon, 1 cup at a time, stirring well between additions. Continue until almost all the bouillon has been
absorbed. This should take 20-25 minutes.
4. Add the shrimp and asparagus, with the last cup of vegetable bouillon, and cook for 5 minutes until the shrimp and rice are tender and the bouillon has been absorbed. Remove from the heat.
5. in the olive paste, basil, and seasoning, and let stand for 1 minute. Serve immediately, garnished with Parmesan shavings.
401 total views, 1 views today