A selection of highly samosas recipe spiced vegetables in a pastry casing makes these samosas a delicious snack at any time of the day.
1 packet spring roll pastry. thawed and wrapped in a damp towel
vegetable oil, for deep-frying
For the filling
- 3 large potatoes, boiled and
- coarsely mashed
- ¾ cup frozen peas, thawed
- ¹⁄³ cup canned
- Sweetcorn, drained
- ground coriander 1 Tsp
- ground cumin 1 tsp
- 1 Tsp amchur (dry mango powder)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 green chilies, finely chopped
- coriander leaves chopped 2 tbsp
- 2 tbsp mint leaves, chopped
- juice of1 lemon
- salt. to taste
- chili sauce, to serve
1. Toss all the filling ingredients together in a large mixing bowl until they are all well blended. Adjust the seasoning with salt and lemon juice, if necessary.
2. Using one strip of pastry at a time, place 15ml/1 tbsp of the filling the mixture at one end of the strip and
diagonally fold the pastry up to form a triangle shape.
3. Heat enough oil for deep-frying and fry the samosas in small batches until they are golden brown. Keep
them hot while frying the rest. Serve hot with chili sauce.
1,289 total views, 1 views today