A colorful casserole packed with sunshine flavors from the Mediterranean. Sun-dried tomatoes add a wonderful richness and you need very few to make this Rich chicken casserole dish really special.
- 8 chicken thighs
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 large red bell pepper, sliced thickly
- thinly pared rind and juice of 1 small orange
- ½cup chicken bouillon
- 14 0z/40o g canned chopped tomatoes
- ¼ Cup sun-dried tomatoes, sliced thinly
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- ½ cup pitted black olives
- salt and pepper
- sprigs of fresh thyme and orange rind, to garnish
- crusty fresh bread, to serve
Rich chicken casserole
1. Ina heavy-based or nonstick large skillet, sauté the chicken without fat over fairly high heat, turning occasionally until golden brown. Using a draining spoon, drain off any excess fat from the chicken and transfer to a flameproof casserole.
2. Sauté the onion, garlic, and bell pepper in the pan over moderate heat for 3-4 minutes. Transfer to the casserole.
3. Add the orange peel and juice, chicken bouillon, canned tomatoes, and sun-dried tomatoes and stir to combine.
4. Bring to a boil then cover the casserole with a lid and simmer very gently over low heat for about 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Add the chopped thyme and pitted black olives, then adjust the seasoning with salt and g pepper.
5. Scatter orange rind and thyme over the casserole to garnish. and serve with crusty bread.
traditional chicken casserole
sun-dried tomatoes have a dense texture and concentrated taste and add intense flavor to slow-cooking casseroles.
207 total views, 2 views today