There are many variations of this basic rice with chicken in spanish.any seasonal vegetables can be added,as can mussels or clams.serve straight from the pan.
Preparation time 3 minutes
Cooking time 25-27 minutes
- 4 chicken legs (thighs and drumsticks)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 large onion,finely chopped
- clove 1 garlic,crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 4 ounces chorizo sausage or smoked bam
- Generous 1 cup long-grain basmati rice
- 2½ cups chicken stock
- 4 tomatoes,peeled,seeded and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper,seeded and sliced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Salt and ground black pepper
rice with chicken in spanish
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F cut the chicken legs in half.heat the oil in a 12-inch paella pan or large flameproof casserole and brown the chicken pieces on both sides.add the onion and garlic and stir in the turmeric .cook for 2 minutes over medium heat.
2. Slice the sausage or dice the ham and add to the pan.with the basmati rice and stock .bring to a boil and season to taste,then lower the heat,cover and cook for 10 minutes.
5,255 total views, 1 views today