rice with chicken in spanish food lovers
There are many variations of this basic rice with chicken in spanish.any seasonal vegetables can be added,as can mussels or clams.serve straight from the pan.
Preparation time 3 minutes
Cooking time 25-27 minutes
- 4 chicken legs (thighs and drumsticks)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 large onion,finely chopped
- clove 1 garlic,crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 4 ounces chorizo sausage or smoked bam
- Generous 1 cup long-grain basmati rice
- 2½ cups chicken stock
- 4 tomatoes,peeled,seeded and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper,seeded and sliced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Salt and ground black pepper
rice with chicken in spanish
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F cut the chicken legs in half.heat the oil in a 12-inch paella pan or large flameproof casserole and brown the chicken pieces on both sides.add the onion and garlic and stir in the turmeric .cook for 2 minutes over medium heat.
2. Slice the sausage or dice the ham and add to the pan.with the basmati rice and stock .bring to a boil and season to taste,then lower the heat,cover and cook for 10 minutes.
5,317 total views, 1 views today