This vibrant Red Fried Rice recipe owes its appeal as much to the bright colors of red onion, red pepper, and cherry tomatoes as it does to their distinctive flavors.
preparation time 3-4 minutes
cooking time 13-15 minutes
- basmati rice 1 cup
- peanut oil 2 tbsp
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 1 red Bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 12 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- salt and ground black pepper
Red Fried Rice recipe
1. wash the rice several times in a bowl of cold water. drain well. bring a large pan of water to a boil, add the rice and cook for 10-12 minutes.
2. meanwhile, heat the oil in a wok until very hot .add the onion and pepper and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes. add the cherry tomatoes and stir-fry for another 2 minutes.
3. pour in the beaten eggs all at once.cook for 30 seconds without stirring, then stir to break up the egg as it sets.
4. Drain the cooked rice thoroughly, add to the wok and toss it over the heat with the egg and vegetable mixture for 3 minutes season to taste.
205 total views, 2 views today