Pita bread makes very good crusts for quick thin and crispy pita pizzas and they are easy to eat with your hands to the perfect speedy snack.
preparation time 5 minutes
cooking time 8-10 minutes
- 4 pita bread
- 7-fluid-ounce jar pasta sauce
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese sliced or grated
- dried oregano or thyme to sprinkle salt and ground black pepper
- Extra toppings – choose from
- 1 small red onion thinly sliced and lightly sautéed
- 3 ounces (3/4cup)button mushrooms sliced and sautéed
- 7 ounce can corn, drained
- 2 jalapeño peppers, sliced black or green olives, pitted and sliced
- capers, drained
1. prepare two or three toppings of your choice for the pizzas.
2. preheat the broiler and lightly toast the pita bread on both sides until golden.
3. spread pasta sauce on each pita right to the edge this prevents the edges of the pitas from burning when they are returned to the broiler.
4. Arranger cheese slices or grated cheese on top of each pita and sprinkle with dried oregano or thyme add salt and pepper to taste.
5. add the toppings of your choice and then broil the pizzas for 5-8 minutes, until they are golden brown and bubbling .serve the pita pizzas immediately.
390 total views, 1 views today