This dish is a meal in itself, containing both meat and potatoes cooked in a herby wine gravy. A selection of fresh vegetables may be served with the dish. if wished.
- 1½/675 g potatoes, cubed
- 2 tbsp butter
- 8 large herb sausages
- 4 smoked bacon slices
- 1 onion, quartered
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 2/3 cup dry white wine
- 1¼ cups vegetable bouillon
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp chopped mixed fresh herbs
- salt and pepper
- chopped fresh herbs, to garnish
1. Cook the cubed potatoes in a saucepan of boiling water for 10 minutes or until softened. Drain thoroughly and set aside.
2. Melt the butter in a large skillet. Add the sausages and cook for 5 minutes, turning them frequently to ensure that they brown on all sides.
3.add the bacon slices, onion, zucchini and potatoes to the pan. Cook the mixture for a further 10 minutes, stirring the mixture and turning the usages frequently.
4.stir in the white wine, bouillon, Worcestershire sauce, and chopped mixed herbs. Season with salt and pepper to taste and cook the mixture over a gentle heat for 10 minutes. Add more salt and pepper, if necessary.
5. Transfer the potato and sausage pan-fry to warm serving plates, garnish with chopped fresh herbs, and serve at once.
use different flavors of sausage to vary the dish-there are many different varieties available.
446 total views, 1 views today