The quick – and – the easy dish pita pocket bread recipes are ideal for a snack lunch or supper.
- 4 pita bread
- 3 tbsp natural yogurt
- 1½ tsp garam Masala
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 3tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 1 fresh green chili chopped
- 1lb/3¼ cups chicken, skinned, boned and cubed
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 8 onion rings
- 2 tomatoes, quartered
- ½white cabbage, shredded
- lemon wedges,2 small tomatoes, halved, mixed salad leaves and fresh coriander, to garnish
pita pocket bread recipes
1. using a small, sharp knife, carefully cut into the middle of each pita bread to make a pocket, then set them aside until needed.
2. in a bowl, mix together the natural yogurt,garam masala, chili powder, salt, lemon juice, fresh coriander, and chopped fresh green chili, pour this marinade over the chicken pieces and leave to marinate for about 1 hour.
3. After 1 hour preheats the grill to very hot, then lower the heat to medium.place the marinated chicken pieces in a flameproof dish and grill for about 15-20 minutes, until they are tender and cooked through, turning the chicken pieces at least twice. baste with the vegetable oil occasionally while cooking.
4. Remove the dish from the heat and fill each pita bread with the chicken and then with the onion rings.
tomatoes and shredded cabbage .salad leaves and coriander.
771 total views, 1 views today