Fusilli, corkscrew-shaped pasta, is the best shape to use for this paste with Tuna and Lemon recipe because the creamy sauce is absorbed in the twists.
- 4 tbsp butter, diced
- 1¼ cups heavy cream
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp grated lemon rind
- ½ tsp anchovy extract
- 14 0z/400 g dried fusilli
- 70z/200 g canned tuna in olive oil drained and flaked
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped finely fresh parsley
- strips of lemon rind
1. Bring a large saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta for10-12 minutes or according to the instructions on the package until tender but firm to the bite. Drain.
2. To make the sauce, melt the butter in a large skillet. Stir in the heavy cream and lemon juice and simmer, stirring, for approximately 2 minutes, or until slightly thickened. Stir in the grated lemon rind and anchovy extract.
3. Drain the pasta well. Add the pasta sauce and toss until well coated Add the tuna and gently toss until well blended but not too broken up.
4.Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a serving platter and garnish with the parsley and lemon rind. Grind over some pepper and serve at once.
292 total views, 1 views today