There delicious, yet simple, fresh fruit pastries are easy to put together, but the puff pastry makes then seem very elegant.
preparation time 15 minutes
cooking time 12 – 15 minutes
- 8 ounces frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 pound nectarines
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- freshly grated nutmeg
- creme fraiche or lightly whipped
- cream, to serve ( optional )
1. lightly butter a large baking sheet and sprinkle very lightly with water.
2. on a lightly floured surface, roll out the puff pastry to a large rectangle, about 16 × 10 inches, and cut into six smaller rectangles.
3. Transfer to the baking sheet. using the back of a small knife. scallop the edges of the pastry. then, using the tip of the knife, score a line ½ inch from the edge of each rectangle to form a border. preheat the oven to 400°F.
4. cut the nectarines in half and remove the pits, then slice the fruit thinly. arrange the nectarine slices down the center of the rectangles. leaving the borders on each uncovered. sprinkle the fruit with the sugar and a little nutmeg.
5. bake for 12 – 15 minutes, until the edges of the pastry are puffed and the fruit is tender. transfer the tarts to a wire rack to cool slightly. serve warm with a little creme fraiche or lightly whipped cream if you like.
use ready – rolled puff pastry for speed.
329 total views, 2 views today