- 11/3cups navy beans, soaked for 3 hours in cold water and drained
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 400 g/14 0z canned chopped tomatoes
- 1tsp dried oregano
- 1tsp tomato paste
- 3½Cups water
- ¾ cup dried fusilli or conchigliette
- 1cup sun-dried tomatoes, drained and sliced thinly
- 1tbsp chopped fresh cilantro or flatleaf parsley
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese shavings, to serve
navy bean soup with pasta
1. Put the navy beans in a large saucepan, add sufficient cold water to cover and bring to a boil. Boil vigorously over high heat for 15 minutes. Drain the beans and keep warm.
2. Heat the in a pan over medium heat and fry the onions for 2-3minutes or until they are just beginning to change color. Stir in the garlic and 1 minute. Stir in the tomatoes, oregano, and tomato paste.
3. Add the water and the beans to the pan. Bring to a boil, cover, then lower the heat and simmer for about 45 minutes, or until the beans are tender.
4. Add the pasta to the pan and season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir in the sun-dried tomatoes, bring back to a boil, partly cover, and simmer for 10 minutes, or until the pasta is tender, but still firm to the bite.
5. Stir the cilantro or parsley into the soup. Ladle the soup into a warm tureen, cook for sprinkle over the Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.
pasta navy bean and spinach soup
if preferred, place the beans in a pan of cold water and bring to a boil.remove from the heat and leave the beans to cool in the water.drain and rinse the beans before using.
576 total views, 1 views today