moms apple cinnamon cake food lovers
This scrumptious cake has layers of spicy fruit and crumble and is quite delicious served warm with fresh cream.
Makes 1 cake
- 3 large cooking apples
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup butter
- 1¼ cups caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 4 cups self-raising flour
- For the crumble topping
- ¾cup demerara sugar
- 1¼ cups plain flour
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- 21/2oz/about 4½ tbsp desiccated
- ½ cup butter
2.peel and core the apples, then grat them coarsely. Place them in a bowl, sprinkle with the cinnamon and set aside.
3. Cream the butter and sugar in a bowl with an electric mixer, until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
4.sift in half the flour, mix well, then add the remaining flour and stir until smooth.
5. spread half the cake mixture evenly over the base of the prepared tin. Spoon the apples on top and scatter over half the crumble topping.
6. Spread the remaining cake mixture over the crumble and finally top with the remaining crumble topping.
7.Bake for 1 hour 10 minutes- 1 hour 20 minutes, covering the cake with foil if it browns too quickly. Leave in the tin for about 5 minutes. before turning out on to a wire rack. Once cool, cut into slices to serve.
apple cinnamon cake
To make the topping in a food processor, add all the ingredients and process for a few seconds until the mixture resembles bread-crumbs. You can also grate the apples using the grating disc. If you don’t have a 25cm/10in round tin you can use a 20cm/8in square cake tin.
1,234 total views, 1 views today