A mildly spiced but richly flavored Pakistani-style mixed vegetable curry with coconut milk dish full of different textures and flavors.Serve with nan bread to soak up the tasty sauce.
- 1 large eggplant, cut into 1-inch/ 2.5-cm cubes
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 fresh green Chile, seeded and chopped finely
- grated fresh ginger root 1 tsp
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 8 cardamom pods
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 3 cups Fresh Vegetable Bouillon
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 8 oz/225 g potatoes, diced
- 2 cups small cauliflower florets
- 8 oz/225 g okra, trimmed
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 2/3 cup coconut milk
- salt and pepper
- flaked coconut, to garnish
- nan bread, to serve
mixed vegetable curry with coconut milk
1. Layer the eggplant in a bowl, sprinkling with salt as you go. Set aside for 3o minutes. Rinse well under cold running water. Drain and dry Set aside.
2. Heat the oil in a large pan and gently cook the garlic, Chile,ginger root, onion, and spices for 4-5 minutes.
3.Stir in the tomato paste, bouillon, lemon juice, potatoes, and cauliflower and mix ell. Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
964 total views, 1 views today