This colorful and interesting mix veg recipe dhaba style, cooked in a spicy sauce, is excellent served with rice and nan bread and roti .
SERVE S 4
- 8 oz/225 g turnips or rutabaga
- 1 eggplant
- 12 0z/35o g new potatoes
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 8 oz/225 g white mushrooms
- 1 large onion
- 3 carrots
- 6 tbsp vegetable ghee or vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 tsp finely chopped fresh gingerroot
- 1-2 fresh green chiles, seeded and chopped
- 1tbsp paprika
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp mild or medium curry powder or paste
- 2 cups vegetable bouillon
14 0z/4oog canned chopped tomatoes
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2/3 cup coconut milk
- 2-3 tbsp ground almonds
- sprigs of fresh cilantro, to garnish
mix veg recipe dhaba style
1. Cut the turnips or rutabaga, eggplant, and potatoes into ½- inch/1-cm cubes Leave the mushrooms whole or slice them thickly if preferred. Slice the onion and carrots.
2. Heat the ghee or oil in a large pan. Add the onion,turnip or rutabaga.potato.and cauliflower and cook over low heat, stirring frequently, for 3 minutes.
3. Add the garlic, ginger root, chiles, paprika, ground coriander, and curry powder or paste and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
4. Add the bouillon, tomatoes, eggplant, and mushrooms and season with salt. Cover and simmer.stirring occasionally, for about 30minutes or until tender. Add the green bell pepper and carrots, cover, and cook for another 5 minutes.
5. Blend the cornstarch with the coconut milk to a a smooth paste and stir into the mixture. Add the ground almonds and simmer,stirring constantly.for 2 minutes. Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary. Transfer the curry to serving plates and serve hot, garnished with sprigs of fresh cilantro.
1,134 total views, 3 views today