This Michoacan Beef rich, smoky-flavored Mexican stew is delicious; leftovers make a great filling for tacos, too.
- about 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 lb 4 oz/1 kg stewing beef, cut into large bite-size pieces
- vegetable oil 2 tbsp
- 2 onions, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4-5 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1½ dried chipotle chiles, reconstituted, seeded, and cut into thin strips, or a few shakes of bottled chipotle salsa
- 6¼cups beef bouillon
- 3 cups green beans
- pinch of sugar
- salt and pepper
- simmered beans
- cooked rice
1. Place the flour in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper. Add the beef and toss to coat well. Remove from the bowl, shaking of the excess flour
2. Heat the oil in a skillet and brown the meat briefly over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium, add the onions and garlic, and cook for 2 minutes.
3. Add the tomatoes, chiles, a pinch of sugar, and bouillon, cover, and simmer over low heat for 1½ hours or until the meat is very tender, adding the green beans 15 minutes before the end of the cooking time. Skim off any fat that rises to the surface.
This is traditionally made with nopales, edible cacti, which give the dish a distinctive flavor.look for them in specialist stores. for this recipe, you need 12-14oz/350-400g canned or fresh nopales.
More Recipe Click this link: Beef enchilada recipe
607 total views, 1 views today