serve this nutritious dip with vegetable crudites for a simple and satisfyingappetizer, or spread it thickly on hot buttered toast .
preparation time 5 minutes
cooking time 2-3minutes
- 14- ounce can chickpeas, drained
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons tabini or unsweetened smooth peanut butter
- ¼ cup olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- ½teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- sea salt
How to prepare
1. Rinse the chickpeas well and place in a blender or food processor with the garlic and a good pinch of sea salt .
2. add the tahini or peanut butter and process until fairly smooth with the motor still running, slowly pour in the oil and lemon juice.
3. stir in the cayenne pepper and add more salt to taste.if the mixture is too thick, stir in a little cold water. transfer the puree to a serving bowl.
4. heat a small nonstick pan and add the sesame seeds.cook for 2-3 minutes, shaking the pan, until the seeds are golden allow to cool then sprinkle over the puree
Tahini is a thick, smooth and oily paste made from sesame seeds.it is available at heath-food stores and large supermarkets. tahini is a classic ingredient in hummus, this middle-eastern dip; peanut butter would not be used in a traditional recipe, but it is a useful substitute.
398 total views, 3 views today