Choose almost-ripe bananas with evenly colored skins. either all yellow or just green at the lips. Bananas with rum and raisins
Preparation time 2 minutes
Cooking time 3-4 minutes
- ¼ Cup raisins
- 5 tablespoons dark rum
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¼Cup light brown sugar
- 4ripe bananas, peeled and halved
- ¼ teaspoon grated nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- chilled cream or vanilla ice cream, to serve (optional)
1. Put the raisins in a bowl with the rum. Let them soak while you sauté the bananas.
2. Melt the l butter in a frying pan. add the sugar and stir until dissolved. Add the bananas and cook for a few minutes, until tender.
3. Sprinkle the spices over the bananas, then pour the rum and raisins on top. Carefully set a light using a long match and stir gently.
4. sprinkle on the almonds and serve immediately with chilled cream or ice cream.
416 total views, 2 views today