Roasting the spices ground beef yogurt recipe for this dish gives it a nice dark color and a richer flavor. Serve with chapatis and white lentils for a substantial
SERVE S 4
- 1 lb/450g lean beef ground, cut into
- 1-inch/2.5-cm slices
- 5 tbsp natural yogurt
- 1 tsp finely chopped fresh gingerroot
- 1tsp crushed garlic
- 1 tsp chili powder
- pinch of ground turmeric
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cardamoms
- 1tsp black cumin seeds
- 2/3cups ground almonds
- 1 tbsp dry unsweetened coconut
- 1tbsp poppy seeds
- 1tbsp sesame seeds
- 1¼ cups vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped finely
- 1¼ Cups water
- 2 fresh red chiles, sliced thinly
- few fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
1. Place the beef in a large bowl. Combine with the yogurt, gingerroot.garlic.chili powder, turmeric, garam masala, salt, cardamoms, and black cumin seeds and set aside until required.
2. Dry-fry the ground almonds, desiccated coconut, poppy seeds, and sesame in a heavy skillet until golden, shaking the pan occasionally.
3. transfer the spice mixture to a food processor and process until finely ground. (Add 1 tablespoon water to blend, if necessary) Add the ground spice mixture to the meat mixture and combine.
4. Heat a little in a large pan and cook the onions until golden brown. Remove the onions from the pan. Stir-fry the meat in the remaining oil for about 5 minutes, then return the onions to the pan, and stir-fry for a further 5-7 minutes. Add the water, cover, and simmer over low heat, stirring occasionally, for 25-30 minutes. Add the chiles and cilantro and serve hot.
Read more :slow cooked lamb dinner party-food lovers
604 total views, 1 views today