In Spain, Giant garlic shrimp are cooked in small half-glazed earthenware dishes called cazuelas. The Giant Garlic shrimp arrive at your table sizzling.
- olive oil ½ cup
- garlic cloves 4, chopped finely
- 2 hot fresh red chiles, seeded and chopped finely
- 1lb/450 g cooked jumbo shrimp
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh flatleaf parsley salt and pepper
- lemon wedges, to garnish
- crusty bread, to serve
1. heat the oil in a large, heavy skillet over low heat.add the garlic and chiles and cook, stirring occasionally, for 1-2 minutes until softened, but not coloured
2. Add the shrimp and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes until heated through and coated in the oil and garlic mixture.
3. Turn off the heat and add the chopped fresh flatleaf parsley, stirring well to mix.season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. divide the shrimp and garlic – flavored oil among warmed serving dishes and serve with lots of crusty bread.garnish with lemon wedges.
Cook ‘s Tip
if you can get hold of raw shrimp, cook them as above but increase the cooking time to 5-6 minutes until the shrimp are cooked through and turn bright pink. if using frozen shrimp, make sure they are thoroughly thawed before cooking.
274 total views, 1 views today