This tasty Fruity Carlic curried chicken dish combines warm spices and almonds and is spiked with anise.
- 2 tbsp butter
- 7tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 skinless,boneless,chicken breasts,cut into 2×1inch /4×2-cm pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped coarsely
- The 1-inch/2-cm piece of fresh gingerroot
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/4 cup blanched almonds
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped coarsely
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- pinch cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- 2/3 cup water
- 3-star anise
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- slivered almonds, to garnish rice, to serve.
1. heat the butter and 1 tablespoon of oil a skillet, add the chicken pieces and cook for 5 minutes until golden.tranfer the chicken pieces to a plate and keep warm until required.
2. combine the onion, ginger root, garlic, almonds, red bell pepper, cumin, coriander, turmeric, cayenne pepper, and salt in a food processor or blender.blend to form a smooth paste.
3. heat the remaining oil in a large saucepan or deep skillet .add the paste and fry for 10-12 minutes.
4. add the chicken pieces, the water, star anise, lemon juice, and pepper cover, reduce the heat, and simmer gently for 25 minutes or until the chicken is tender, stirring a few times during cooking.
5. Transfer the chicken to a serving dish, sprinkle with the slivered almonds and serve with individual rice molds.
330 total views, 1 views today