crunchy french bread pizzas with Artichokes makes an ideal crust for these quick pizzas.
Preparation time 4 minutes
Cooking time 14-16 minutes
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- I onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 7-ounce can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- ½ French bread
- 14-ounce can or jar artichoke hearts,
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- salt and ground black pepper
1. Heat the oil in a frying pan. Add the chopped onion and pepper and cook for 4 minutes, until just softened.
2. Stir in the chopped tomatoes and the tomato paste. Cook for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, then over from the heat and add salt and pepper to taste.
3. Cut the piece of French bread in half lengthwise. Cut each half in four to give eight pieces in all.
4. Spoon a little of the pepper and tomato mixture over each piece of bread. Preheat the broiler.
5. Slice the artichoke hearts. Arrange them on top of the pepper and tomato mixture. Cover with the mozzarella slices and sprinkle with the poppy seeds.
6. Arrange the French bread pizzas on a rack over a broiler pan and broil for 6-8 minutes, until the cheese melts and is beginning to brown. Serve at once.
1,117 total views, 1 views today