The spicy chocolate milk drink can be served either hot or cold -depending on the weather and your preference.
- 6 oz milk chocolate
- 4 fl oz/½cup single cream
- 1¼ pints/3 cups hot
- black coffee
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- whipped cream or ice, to serve
espresso mocha recipe
1. Using a sharp knife, cut the chocolate into small pieces to enable it to melt quickly and evenly.
2. Put the chocolate into a double saucepan or a bowl set over a saucepan of almost simmering water. the base of the bowl should not touch the water.
3. Add the single cream to the chocolate melting in the bowl, then stir well to mix.
4. Continue to heat gently until the chocolate is melted and smooth, stirring occasionally. Remove the bowl from the heat.
5. Add the coffee and cinnamon to the chocolate and whisk until foamy. Divide between four serving glasses, then either serve hot with a spoonful of cream, or cool and chill, and serve over ice.
If any steam gets into the chocolate while you are melting it, it may turn into a solid mass. If this should happen, stir in about 5ml/1 tsp butter or margarine for each 25g/1oz of chocolate.
513 total views, 1 views today