This succulent Deviled chicken recipe is spiked with cayenne pepper and paprika, finished off with a fruity tangy sauce. Deviled chicken Recipe
serves 2 -3
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 12 0z/35o g skinless, boneless chicken, diced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1onion, chopped finely
- 2 cups milk, warmed
- 4 tbsp applesauce
- 1 Cup green grapes
- ²⁄³cup sour cream
- paprika, to garnish
1. Mix the flour, cayenne pepper, and paprika together and use the mixture to coat the chicken.
2. shake off any excess flour. Melt the butter in a saucepan and gently fry the chicken with the onion for 4 minutes.
3. Stir in the flour and spice mixture. Add the milk slowly until thickened.
4. Simmer gently over low heat until the sauce is smooth.
5. Add the applesauce and grapes and simmer gently for 20 minutes.
6. Transfer the chicken and deviled sauce to a serving dish and top with sour cream and a sprinkling of paprika.
Add more paprika if Desired-because it is quite a mild spice, you can add plenty without it being too overpowering.
347 total views, 1 views today