- Makes 1 Cake
- wholemeal 2½ Cups
- self-raising flour
- 2 tsp mixed spice
- 1 cup chopped dates
- ½ Cup chopped walnuts
- 4 tsp sunflower oil
- ½Cup dark muscovado sugar
- ½pint /1¼cups skimmed milk walnut halves, to decorate.
Date and walnut cake
1. preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/ Gas 4 Grease and line a 900g/2lb loaf tin with greaseproof paper.
2.sift together the self-raising flour and mixed spice adding back any bran from the sieve stir in the dates and walnuts.
3. Mix the oil sugar and milk then add to the dry ingredients Mix well then spoon the mixture into the prepared tin.
4. Arrange the walnut halves over the top of the cake mixture bake the cake for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown and firm Turn out the cake remove the lining paper and leave to cool on a wire rack.
Read more :slow cooked lamb dinner party-food lovers
447 total views, 3 views today