- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 dried red chilies, chopped
- 1 tsp grated fresh root ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp chili bean paste
- 1lb minced pork or beef
- 1lb broad flat egg noodles
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 spring onions, chopped, to garnish
For the sauce
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp mushroom ketchup
- cornflour 1 tbsp
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tsp Shao Hsing wine or dry sherry
dandan noodles with meat sauce
2. Add the minced pork or beef, breaking it up with a spatula or wooden spoon. Cook over high heat until the minced meat changes color and any liquid has evaporated.
3. Mix all the sauce ingredients in a jug. Make a well in the center of the pork mixture. Pour in the sauce mixture and stir together. Simmer for 10-15 minutes until tender.
4. Meanwhile, cook the noodles in a large saucepan of boiling water for 5-7 minutes until just tender. Drain well and toss with the sesame oil. Serve, topped with the meat sauce and garnished with the spring onions.
1,349 total views, 1 views today