Makes 24 small Cinnamon rolls For the dough
- 400g/14oz/ 1²⁄³ cups strong white flour
- 2.5ml ½ tsp salt
- 30ml/2 tbsp sugar
- 5ml/1 tsp quick-acting dried yeast
- 45ml/3 tbsp oil
- 1 egg
- 120ml/4fl oz/ ½ cup warm milk
- 120ml/4f oz/ ½ cup warm water
For the filling
- 5g/1oz butter softened
- 25g/1oz dark brown sugar
- 2.5-5ml/ 1/ 2-1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 15ml/1 tbsp raisins or sultanas
1.sift the flour, salt and sugar and sprinkle over the yeast. Mix the oil, egg, milk and water and add to the flour. Mix to a dough, then knead until smooth. Leave to rise until doubled in size and then knock it back again.
2. Roll out the dough into a large rectangle and cut in half vertically. Spread over the soft butter, reserving15ml/1 tbsp for brushing. Mix the sugar and cinnamonand sprinkle over the top. Dot with the raisins.
3. Roll each piece into a long Swiss roll shape, to enclose the filling. Cut into 2.5cm/1in slices, arrange flat
on a greased baking sheet and brush with the remaining butter. Leave to prove again for about 30 minutes.
4. Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/ Gas 6 and bake the cinnamon rolls for about 20 minutes. Leave to cool on a wire rack. Serve fresh for breakfast or tea, with extra butter if liked.
672 total views, 1 views today