preparation time 3 minutes
cooking time 6 minutes
- 4 scoops each vanilla and coffee ice cream
- 2 small ripe bananas, sliced whipped cream
- toasted sliced almonds
- For the sauce
- ¹⁄3 cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup golden syrup or light corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons strong black coffee
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 5 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- ¹⁄3 Cup whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons coffee liqueur (optional)
1. To make the sauce, place the sugar, syrup, coffee, and cinnamon in a heavy saucepan.bring to a boil, then boil for about 5 minutes, stirring
2. Turn off the heat, let cool for 1 minute, then stir in the chopped chocolate. when melted and smooth, stir in the cream and liqueur, if using let cool slightly while you assemble the sundaes.
3. Fill four tall glasses with a small scoop each of vanilla and coffee ice cream.
4. scatter the sliced bananas over the ice cream pour the warm fudge sauce over the bananas, then top each sundae with a generous swirl of whipped cream.sprinkle with toasted sliced almonds and serve at once.
vary the taste of this dessert by choosing other flavors of ice cream strawberry toffee or chocolate work well in the summer substitute raspberries or strawberries for the bananas and sprinkle chopped roasted hazelnuts on top in place of the almonds.
297 total views, 1 views today