chicken tikka mixture of ginger, garlic and chili powder adds a characteristic spicy taste to this popular Pakistani starter which is quick and easy to cook.
- 450g/1lb/31/4 cups chicken, skinned, boned and cubed
- 5ml/1tsp ginger pulp
- 5ml/1tsp garlic pulp
- 5ml/1 tsp chili powder
- 1.5ml/1/4tsp turmeric
- 5ml/1tsp salt
- 150ml/1/4tsp pint/2/3cup natural yogurt
- 60ml/4tbsp lemon juice
- 15ml/1tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 15ml/1tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, cut into rings, lime wedges, mixed salad, and fresh coriander, to garnish
chicken tikka recipe
1. in a medium mixing bowl combine the chicken pieces, ginger and garlic pulp, chili powder, turmeric, salt, yogurt,
lemon juice, and fresh coriander and leave to marinate for at least 2 hours.
2. place the marinated chicken on a grill tray or in a flameproof dish lined with foil and baste with the vegetable oil.
3. preheat the grill to medium grill the chicken for 15-20 minutes until cooked turning and basting 2-3times serve garnished with onion lime salad and coriander.
chicken tikka can be served with naan or chapatis pickles and salad as a main dish for four people.
371 total views, 1 views today