10 February, 2019
chicken sauce piquante
Posted in : LUNCH/DINNER on by : chef.nargis Tags: Chicken, chicken salad, chicken sauce, chicken sauce picante, chicken sauce piquant recipe, chicken sauce piquante, chicken sausage, hot sauce, keith's chicken sauce, piquant, piquante, sauce, sauce picante, sauce piguante, sauce piquant, sauce piquant recipe, sauce piquante, sauce piquante cajun, sauce piquante cajun recipe, sauce piquante recipe, sauces piquantes, so what? chicken sauce piquante based freestyle, the try guys chicken sauce
chicken sauce piquante
Red chili peppers add heat to this Cajun recipe. Sauce Piquante recipes to liven up meat and fish and give meals a spicy taste. chicken sauce piquante
- 4 chicken legs or 2 legs and 2 breasts
- 5 tbsp oil
- ½cup plain flour
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 celery sticks, sliced
- 1 green pepper, seeded and diced
- 2garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 bay leaf
- ½tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 1-2 red chili peppers, seeded and
- finely chopped
- 400g/140z can tomatoes, chopped,
- with their juice
- ¼ cups chicken stock
- salt and ground black pepper
- watercress. to garnish
- boiled potatoes, to serve
If you prefer to err on the side of caution with chili heat, use just 1 chili pepper and hot up the seasoning at the end with a dash is commonly used in lots of Tabasco sauce.
1. Halve the chicken legs through the joint, or the breasts across the middle, to give eight pieces.
2. In a heavy frying pan, fry the chicken pieces in the oil until brown on all sides, lifting them out and set them aside as they are done.
3 Strain the oil from the pan into a heavy flameproof casserole. Heat it and stir in the flour. Stir constantly over low heat until the roux is the color of peanut butter.
4.As soon as the roux reaches the right stage, tip in the onion, celery, and pepper and stir over the heat for 2-3 minutes.
5. Add the garlic, bay leaf, thyme, oregano and chili peppers (S). stir for 1 minute, then turn down the heat and stir in the tomatoes with their juice.
6. Return the casserole to the heat and gradually stir in the stock. Add the chicken pieces, cover and leave to simmer for 45 minutes, until the chicken is tender.
7. If there is too much sauce or it is too runny, remove the lid for the last 10-15 minutes of the cooking time and raise the heat a little.
8. Check the seasoning and serve garnished with watercress and accompanied by boiled potatoes, or
perhaps rice or pasta, and a green vegetable or salad of your choice.
Any kind of meat, poultry or fish can be served with Sauce Piquante. Just cook the meat or fish first, then serve it with plenty of the sauce.
408 total views, 2 views today