There are many variations of this basic Chicken paella recipe any seasonal vegetable can be added, as can mussels or clams.serve straight from than pan.
preparation time 3 minutes
cooking time 25-27minutes
- 4 chicken legs ( thighs and drumsticks)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- onion, finely chopped 1 large
- garlic clove 1, crushed
- ground turmeric 1 teaspoon
- 4 ounces chorizo sausage or smoked ham
- generous 1 cup long-grain rice
- 2½cups chicken stock
- 4 tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- salt and ground black pepper
1. preheat the oven to 350°F cut the chicken legs in half heat the oil in a12-inch paella pan or large flameproof casserole and brown the chicken pieces on both sides.add the onion and garlic and stir in the turmeric.cook for 2 minutes over medium heat.
2. slice the sausage or dice the ham and add to the pan with the rice and stock.bring to a boil and season to taste, then lower the heat, cover and cook for 10 minutes.
3. Remove from the heat and add the chopped tomatoes, sliced pepper, and frozen peas. Return to the heat and cook, stirring frequently, for 10-15 minutes more, or until the chicken is tender and fully cooked and the rice has absorbed the stock.
384 total views, 1 views today