There are many versions of chicken hotch-potch, all using fresh, local ingredients. Now, there is an endless variety of ingredients available all year, perfect for traditional one-pot Cooking
- 4 chicken quarters
- 6 medium potatoes, cut into
- ¼-inch/5-mm slices
- salt and pepper
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 2sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 2 bay leaves
- 1Cup diced, rindless, smoked bacon
- 1 large onion, chopped finely
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- ²⁄³ cup beer
- 2 tbsp melted butter
1. Remove the skin from the chicken quarters, if preferred.
2. Arrange a layer of potato slices in the bottom of a wide casserole. Season with salt and pepper, then add the thyme, rosemary, and bay leaves.
3. Top with the chicken quarters, then sprinkle with the diced bacon, onion,
and carrots. Season well and arrange the remaining potato slices on top,
4. Pour over the beer brush the potatoes with the melted butter. and cover the casserole with a lid.
5. Bake in a preheated oven, 3oo F/150’c, for about 2 hours, uncovering for the last 30 minutes to let the potatoes brown. Serve hot.
This dish is also delicious with stewing lamb, cut into chunks. you can add different vegetable depending on what is in season – try leeks and rutabaga for a slightly sweeter flavor.
334 total views, 1 views today