pian potato patties are a great favorite. here, the potatoes are combined with ground chicken and mashed banana.
- 1lb/450 g potatoes, diced
- 8oz /225 g ground chicken
- 1 large banana
- 2 tbsp all – purpose flour
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- chopped fresh sage 2 tbsp
- butter 2 tbsp
- vegetable oil 2 tbsp
- 2/3 cup light cream
- 2/3 cup chicken bouillon
- salt and pepper
- fresh sage leaves, to garnish
1. cook the diced potatoes in a pan of boiling water for about 10 minutes until tender. drain well and mash until smooth.stir in the ground chicken.
2. mash the banana and add it to the potato with the flour, lemon juice, onion, and half of the chopped sage.season to taste with salt and pepper and stir the mixture together.
3. divide the mixture into 8 equal portions. with lightly floured hands, shape each portion into a round patty.
4. heat the butter and oil in a skillet, add the chicken and banana patties and cook for 12-15 minutes or until cooked through, turning once.remove from the skillet and keep warm.
5. stir the cream and bouillon into the skillet with remaining chopped sage.cook over low heat for 2-3minutes.
6. Arrange the patties on a warmed serving plate, garnish with fresh sage leaves, and serve immediately with the cream and sage sauce.
Do not boil the sauce once the cream has been added, or it will curdle. cook it gently over very low heat.
347 total views, 1 views today