This broccoli soup highlights the flavor of healthy green broccoli soup cheese. To make a smooth soup, purée the cooked ingredients before serving.
- 3½ cups broccoli (florets)
- 2 tsp butter
- 1 tsp oil
- 1onion, chopped finely
- 1 leek, sliced thinly
- 1small carrot, chopped finely
- 3 tbsp white rice
- 3½cups water
- 1 bay leaf
- freshly grated nutmeg
- 4 tbsp heavy cream
- 3 0z/ 100 g cream cheese
- salt and pepper
- croutons, to serve (see Cook’s Tip)
broccoli soup with cheese
1. Cut off the stems from the broccoli florets. Peel the large stems. Chop all the stems into small pieces.
2. Heat the butter and oil in a large pan over medium heat and add the onion, leek, and carrot. Cook the vegetable mixture for 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently until the onion is soft.
3. Add the broccoli stems, rice
4.season the soup with grated nutmeg, black pepper, and, if needed, more salt. Stir in the cream and cream cheese. Simmer over low heat for a few minutes, or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Adjust the seasoning, if needed. Ladle into warm bowls and serve sprinkled with croutons.
606 total views, 1 views today