Crisp crumbed strips of fish an elegant speedy preparation.
- 10 ounces lemon sole fillets, skinned 2 eggs
- 2cups fine fresh breadcrumbs
- ¼cup all-purpose flour
- salt and ground black pepper oil for frying
- lemon wedges and tartar sauce to serve
1. cut the fish fillets into long diagonal strips, e ach measuring about a ¾ inch wide.
2. break the eggs into a shallow dish and beat well with a fork place the bread crumbs in another shallow dish. put the flour in a large plastic bag and season with salt and ground black pepper.
3. Dip the fish in the eggs turning to coat well .place on a plate and then shake a few at a time in the bag of seasoned flour. dip the fish strips in the egg again and then in the bread crumbs, turning to coat well. place on a baking sheet in a single layer, not touching let the coating set for at least 5 minutes.
4. heat ½ inch oil a large frying pan over medium-high heat. when the oil is hot (a cube of bread will sizzle )fry the fish strips in hatches for 2-2½ minutes, turning once, taking care not to overcrowd the pan drain on paper towels and keep warm serve the fish with tartar sauce and lemon wedges.
262 total views, 1 views today