Served with rice and spicy vegetables, this dish best slow cooker lamb recipes is a great success at dinner parties.
SERVE S 4
- 5½lb/2.5 kg leg of lamb
- fresh gingerroot,2 tsp chopped finely
- 2 tsp fresh garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp black cumin seeds
- 4 black peppercorns
- 3 cloves
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1¼cups oil
- 1 large onion, peeled
- 8-10 cups water
1. Remove the fat from the lamb. Prick the lamb all over with a fork.
2. In a bowi, mix the ginger root, garlic, garam masala, salt, black cumin seeds, peppercorns, cloves, and chilli powder until well combined. Stir in the lemon juice and mix well.Rub the mixture all over the leg of lamb and set aside.
3. Heat the 0il i in a pan. Place the meat in the pan and place the onion alongside.
4. Add enough water to cover the meat and cook over low heat for 21/2-3 hours, turning occasionally. (If, after a while, the water has evaporated and the meat is not tender, add a little extra water) Once the water has completely
evaporated, turn the roast over to brown it on all sides.
5. Remove the roast from the pan and transfer to a serving dish.Cut the roast into slices or serve it whole to be carved at the table. Serve hot or cold.
best slow cooker lamb recipes
Traditionally a pan called a degchi is used for pot-roasting .it is set over hot ashes and contains hot coals in its lid.
5,838 total views, 1 views today