This korma, traditional northern Pakistani recipe, has a thick, richly flavored and creamy textured sauce and is quite simple to cook.
- 1¼cups vegetable oil
- 3 medium onions, chopped finely
- 2¼ lbs/1kg lean beef, cubed
- garam Masada 1½ tsp
- ground coriander 1½ tsp
- chopped finely fresh ginger root 1½ tsp
- crushed garlic 1½tsp
- 1 Tsp salt
- 2/3 cup natural yogurt
- 2 cloves
- 3 green cardamom
- 4 black peppercorns
- 2½ cups water
- chapatis, to serve
- To garnish
- 6 almonds, soaked, peeled, and chopped 2 fresh green chiles, chopped few fresh cilantro leaves
1. heat the oil in a pan. add the onions and stir-fry until golden brown .remove half of the onions from the pan, set aside, and reserve.
2. Add the meat to the remaining onions in the pan and stir-fry for about 5 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat.
3. combine the garam Masala, ground coriander, ginger root, garlic, salt, and yogurt in a bowl. gradually add the meat to the spice mixture and mix to coat well. return the meat mixture to the pan .cook, stirring constantly, for 5-7minutes or until the mixture is golden.
4. Add the cloves, cardamom, and peppercorns.add the water, lower the heat, cover the pan, and then simmer for approximately 45-60minutes. if necessary, add another 1¼cups water and cook for another 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. just before serving. garnish with the reserved onions, chopped almonds, green chiles, and the fresh cilantro leaves.serve with chapatis.
348 total views, 6 views today