Baked or Grilled spiced fish
- 1kg/21/4lb bream, Carp or pomfret, cleaned and scaled if necessary
- 1 fresh red chili, seeded and grounds or 5ml/1tsp chopped chili from a jar
- 4garlic cloves, crushed
- 2.5cm/1 in fresh root ginger, peeled and sliced
- juice of1/2 lemon
- 30ml/2tbsp sunflower oil salt
1. Rinse the fish and dry it well inside and our with absorbent kitchen paper .slash two or three times through the fleshy part on each side of the fish.
2. place the chili, garlic, ginger and spring onions in a food processor and blend to a paste, or grind the mixture together with a pestle and mortar add the lemon juice and salt then stir in the oil.
3. spoon a little of the mixture inside the fishand pour the rest over the top.turn the fish to coat it completely in the spice mixture and leave to marinate for at least an hour.
4. preheat the grill. place a long strip of double foil under the fish to support it and to make turning it over easier.put on a rack in a grill pan and cook under the hot grill for 5 minutes on one side and 8 minutes on the second side, basting with the marinade during cooking serve with boiled rice.
312 total views, 1 views today