This curry uses the typically red-hot chili flavor of Thai red curry paste, made with dried red chiles, to give it a warm, russet-red color dish authentic lamb rogan josh recipe
SERVE S 4
- 1 lb/ 450g boneless lean leg of lamb
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbsp Thai red curry paste
- ²⁄³cup coconut milk
- 1tbsp brown sugar
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and sliced thickly
- ½cup lamb or beef bouillon
- 1tbsp Thai fish sauce
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 8oz/225 g can water chestnuts, drained
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- salt and pepper
- boiled jasmine rice, to serve
- fresh basil leaves, to garnish
Trim the meat and cut it into 1¼-inch/3-cm cubes. Heat the oil in a large skillet or wok over high heat and stir-fry the onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes to soften. Add the meat and stir-fry until lightly browned.
Stir in the curry paste and cook for a few seconds, then add the coconut milk and sugar and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Stir in the red bell pepper, bouillon, fish sauce, and lime juice, cover, and continue simmering for another 15 minutes or until the meat is tender.
Add the water chestnuts, cilantro, and basil, adjust the seasoning to taste. Garnish with fresh basil leaves and serve with jasmine rice.
1,272 total views, 1 views today